Friday, February 6, 2009

Scary windows x 4


These windows are in a scary location -- right in the middle landing of the stairs, wayyy up in the middle of the wall.  I've considered doing a frosted vinyl pattern on the glass, but since it's so high, I don't know if I want to spend a lot of time up there filling holes from the rods that are there now, painting and then applying vinyl.  And so I'm going with the idea of replacing the current fabric with something a little less granny-like (seriously, they're circa 1997, and were made to match the previous *shudder* burgundy wall colour).  

I have some existing fabric (Joel Dewberry) that I'm thinking of using, and did a quick mock up below of three options.  I need something that's not too sheer because these windows face our neighbour's house (right into their stairs as well).  Ah, the joys of crammed house-to-house living!

Option 1 - Grey


Option 2 - same thing, but in Celery


Option 3 - Black and White (might be too harsh on a blank wall)

1 comments:

Mrs. Merriman said...

While I love the celery, I vote for grey.

Post a Comment